48th International Film Festival Rotterdam
23 January - 3 February 2019
Utrecht, 9 August 2018
BoostNL 2018 selection unveiled
This year’s BoostNL programme, a collaboration between the Nederlands Film Festival and International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR), will see eight more Dutch and international projects receive intensive expert support and guidance from leading script, production, sales, distribution and marketing professionals, as well as exposure to new finance and production partners. This programme kicks off in Utrecht in September 2018 and concludes in January 2019 in Rotterdam during the IFFR PRO Days.
BoostNL, as part of the stimulate pillar of NFF Professionals 2018, consists of Dutch projects in development and international projects that have been granted support by IFFR’s Hubert Bals Fund. Among international participants will be La hija de todas las rabias by Laura Baumeister (Nicaragua), whose short Isabel im Winter was selected for Cannes's La Semaine de la Critique 2016, and El rostro de la medusa by Melisa Liebenthal (Argentina) who won the Bright Future Award at IFFR 2016 with Las lindas. Dutch participants include Methusalem by Floor van der Meulen whose 9 Days in Aleppo won Best Short Film at the BFI Film Festival London and Best European Short Award at the 29th European Film Awards and When We Lost to the Germans by Dutch graphic novelist and filmmaker Guido van Driel whose The Resurrection of a Bastard was the opening film at International Film Festival Rotterdam 2013.
The full 2018 BoostNL selection
BoostNL Selected international projects:
– La hija de todas las rabias, writer & director: Laura Baumeister – production company: Tanacatana Films/Pomme Hurlante Films (Nicaragua/France)
– The Neo-new Adventures, writer & director: Qiu Jiongjiong – production company: Little Reunions Culture and Media Co., Ltd. (China)
– El rostro de la medusa, writer & director: Melisa Liebenthal – production company: Gentil (Argentina)
– Tiger Stripes, writer & director: Amanda Nell Eu – production company: Ghost Grrrl Pictures (Malaysia)
BoostNL Selected Dutch projects:
– The Last Ride of the Wolves, writers: Alberto De Michele & Simone de Rita – director: Alberto De Michele – production company: HALAL Pictures (the Netherlands)
– Methusalem, writer: Bastiaan Kroeger – director: Floor van der Meulen – production company: Keplerfilm (the Netherlands)
– Mr. K, writer & director: Tallulah Schwab – production company: The Film Kitchen (the Netherlands)
– When We Lost to the Germans, writers: Bas Blokker & Guido van Driel – director: Guido van Driel – production company: Family Affair Films (the Netherlands).
Download PDFDownload PDF
About International Film Festival Rotterdam
With nearly 330,000 admissions and 2,405 film professionals attending, International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) is one of the largest audience and industry-driven film festivals in the world, offering a high quality line-up of fiction and documentary feature films, short films, exhibitions, performances, masterclasses and talks. IFFR actively supports new and adventurous filmmaking talent through numerous industry initiatives including co-production market CineMart, through the BoostNL and Propellor initiatives, its Hubert Bals Fund and Rotterdam Lab. IFFR's 48th edition takes place from Wednesday 23 January to Sunday 3 February 2019. More information can be found at IFFR.com.