This year’s BoostNL programme, a collaboration between the Nederlands Film Festival and International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR), will see eight more Dutch and international projects receive intensive expert support and guidance from leading script, production, sales, distribution and marketing professionals, as well as exposure to new finance and production partners. This programme kicks off in Utrecht in September 2018 and concludes in January 2019 in Rotterdam during the IFFR PRO Days.
BoostNL, as part of the stimulate pillar of NFF Professionals 2018, consists of Dutch projects in development and international projects that have been granted support by IFFR’s Hubert Bals Fund. Among international participants will be La hija de todas las rabias by Laura Baumeister (Nicaragua), whose short Isabel im Winter was selected for Cannes's La Semaine de la Critique 2016, and El rostro de la medusa by Melisa Liebenthal (Argentina) who won the Bright Future Award at IFFR 2016 with Las lindas. Dutch participants include Methusalem by Floor van der Meulen whose 9 Days in Aleppo won Best Short Film at the BFI Film Festival London and Best European Short Award at the 29th European Film Awards and When We Lost to the Germans by Dutch graphic novelist and filmmaker Guido van Driel whose The Resurrection of a Bastard was the opening film at International Film Festival Rotterdam 2013.
– La hija de todas las rabias, writer & director: Laura Baumeister – production company: Tanacatana Films/Pomme Hurlante Films (Nicaragua/France)
– The Neo-new Adventures, writer & director: Qiu Jiongjiong – production company: Little Reunions Culture and Media Co., Ltd. (China)
– El rostro de la medusa, writer & director: Melisa Liebenthal – production company: Gentil (Argentina)
– Tiger Stripes, writer & director: Amanda Nell Eu – production company: Ghost Grrrl Pictures (Malaysia)
– The Last Ride of the Wolves, writers: Alberto De Michele & Simone de Rita – director: Alberto De Michele – production company: HALAL Pictures (the Netherlands)
– Methusalem, writer: Bastiaan Kroeger – director: Floor van der Meulen – production company: Keplerfilm (the Netherlands)
– Mr. K, writer & director: Tallulah Schwab – production company: The Film Kitchen (the Netherlands)
– When We Lost to the Germans, writers: Bas Blokker & Guido van Driel – director: Guido van Driel – production company: Family Affair Films (the Netherlands).